My main website is Smart Moms Saving Money

This is my last hope to live without pain every second of the day. Please pray for me, I need all prayers I can get. My main website is at Smart Moms Saving Money

Welcome, Read About My Back Surgeries Below.

My name is Laura, and I am 42 years old. I seriously injured my back at age 15, but didn't have major back surgery until 2004. Mostly the reason I waited so long was, due to fear and not trusting the doctors I had. Once I met Dr. Steck I knew right away, I had found THE Doctor that could not only handle this complicated surgery, but someone I trusted completely.
Read on and I'll try and explain my surgery and document my newest surgery too.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Am Back And I am Going to Try and Update At Least Once a Week.

So Much Has Happened Since I've Wrote Last

I've gotten some what better and then worse again.  It's off and on over and over, it's just so annoying.  
Over all I am still in daily pain, but it is better then it was before I got the Spinal Chord Stimulator.

I leave it on 24/7 the only time I turn it off is when I lay down in bed or when I go to the dentist.
I sleep sitting up mostly in a recliner that way I don't have to turn it off.
When I do turn my back off, and sleep I wake up hurting like I was just ran over by a truck.
It's so hard to move and every breath I take kills me.  I hurry and get my stimulator turned back on, eat and take medicine.  Within an hour or so it feels better. 

I use to lay down in the middle of the day and take a nap, "since I don't sleep normal" and I would sleep with my big dog, Rosie.  Rosie is a 70lb Pit/Boxer Mix and she is so comfortable to sleep with, but every since I got this stimulator in my back she will not sleep with me.  It's so weird!  I am guessing 
it puts off some type of sound that we can't hear.  My other dog will sleep with me and it don't seem to bother her at all, but she isn't scared of anything really this dog thinks she is, James Bond of dogs. lol
So, at least she don't dis me, and make me feel like a, Red-headed step-child. "Whoever made that saying up, I wonder?" 
Speaking of I found this on the subject since I was curious, now. 

The origin of the phrase "red haired step child" dates to the 1830's & 40's when Irish emigrants began arriving in America. 

"I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds good?"

  I started back walking since it's cooling off a little it's a little easier.  My Dog Rosie can't walk as far as we use to though.  I use to walk her about 4 miles a day, but I found out her hips are messed up.  I noticed she kind of was walking around like she had arthritis or was in pain, so I took her to the vet. The vet did test and took X-Rays.  The X-Rays shows either she was born with her hips messed up or either someone injured her when she was a puppy.  "Strange thing, my hips were displaced when I was born, too.  And it was due to the nuns using forceps on my mom.  I ended up having cast from my waist down and then this steel bar in the middle.  My poor mom, she had to carry me around like that and I was in diapers!"   
Well back to my dog, Rosie.  I believe somebody stumped her while she was going through their garbage can.  I came up with this idea, because I adopted her from the SPCA when she was only 4 months old.  They said, she was a stray and was found on the street. Every since we got her she has always been deathly scared of garbage cans.  She is still kind of scared of garbage cans.  It breaks my heart to think that someone could of stumped a hungry puppy, but I have an idea that's what happened.  The only thing the vet said, we could do is give her pain medicine, glucose pills, and walk her a little less.  I could get the surgery done on her, but it's a risky surgery and they can't guaranteed they could fix it right.  I am trying to take care of her without doing surgery or giving her pain medicine.  She hasn't been limping to much lately. 

Any how I am back to walking and I am hoping to lose 25lbs.   I had lost 10 lbs at the beginning of the year, but unfortunately it found it's way back!  :(~  I know if I could get these 25lbs off I 'd be hurting less too.
My main thing is to exercise that is my main reason for gaining weight.   I need more exercise more movement will help my back overall too.  It hurts to move, but the more I do the better it ends up being.  
So I have to talk myself into going to walk for the first few weeks until it becomes habit forming.
So, wish me luck, in this long, hard road.
Oh, and if any one happens to read this that is also trying to lose weight maybe you and I can push each other.  I am just saying I need all the help I can get. :)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment