My main website is Smart Moms Saving Money

This is my last hope to live without pain every second of the day. Please pray for me, I need all prayers I can get. My main website is at Smart Moms Saving Money

Welcome, Read About My Back Surgeries Below.

My name is Laura, and I am 42 years old. I seriously injured my back at age 15, but didn't have major back surgery until 2004. Mostly the reason I waited so long was, due to fear and not trusting the doctors I had. Once I met Dr. Steck I knew right away, I had found THE Doctor that could not only handle this complicated surgery, but someone I trusted completely.
Read on and I'll try and explain my surgery and document my newest surgery too.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Newest Doctor Visit and The Out Come

Hello there,
I had my third doctors visit with Dr. Richter on 3/24/10 this was my third time seeing him since I had the Spinal Chord Stimulator put in on 02/01/10. I was pretty excited to see Dr. Richter and his staff to let them know how happy I am with it. My back hasn't felt this good in years! To give you an idea of how good my back is feeling I'll rate my pain from 1-10 if you have a back problem your being seen for, then you are very familiar with this scale. If not, think of it like this: "1 represents good and 10 represents bad." My pain before having the SCS was put in I would rate my pain mostly a 10, but if I ever had a good day it would be about a 7. That day didn't happen very often, I am sure I could count it with two fingers being used only once. You understand I didn't have good days. Now to rate my pain, the worse would be a 7 maybe even a 6 and the best being 4 or 5. The only pain I felt I still I couldn't reach was in my hips, but I am happy to say that during my office visit they fixed that problem with a few adjustments.

This surgery has been amazingly helpful so far, I can't believe how much I've been able to do that I wasn't able to do before. I know for the average person my list will sound pretty lame, but to me it's anything but. I can sit at my main computer without the heating pad for at least 30 minutes and my back doesn't start killing me. Before I couldn't sit there any longer then 5 minutes, before getting pissed off and agitated. I had stopped using that computer altogether for that reason. I use my lap top in my recliner with my good friend, heating pad. I wish I could say I don't use my heating pad anymore, but that would be a lie. I believe I could go without it but I am scared to give it up. I think I am addicted to it. Very strange I know, but it's been my best friend for years. Look at my pictures, and you'll see how bad my back is discolored from it. I wonder if they have a 12 step program for heating pad use? Hell everybody and there grandma are going to rehab for something these days, you never know.

If I had to say if I would recommend having this surgery, I would say YES! I didn't want to say yes, until I really felt a difference and I do now so I highly recommend it, if your in pain give it a try. I am not sure if you can try the Stimulator before having other back surgeries or not, but I would recommend you have it before doing any other major back surgeries. I let my doctor know yesterday that I was writing about my experience with the Spinal Chord Stimulator and he was happy to hear it and wanted the web-address. I of course was a little embarrassed to give it to him since I had talked so badly about him. ha ha .... just kidding... I didn't! I was embarrassed that I hadn't updated as much as I should of. I really want to keep updating this site and I promise it's on my mind to do so, it's just kind of hard to get it done.

I have a website http://www.SmartMomsSavingMoney.com which takes A LOT OF TIME, believe me I update it daily and I try to put tons of information on there to save everybody the most money I can, one of the problems is as soon as I put the information up it's already about to expire in a couple days so it's an everyday super time consuming task. I also have this site and another money saving blog on Blogger. I am new to doing this on my own. I use to write for Today, but there was a big following for the site so, I didn't have to really go push the site, I just had to put good articles out. Now I have to do it all, advertising, writing, hunting, plus family life. I don't know a lot about advertising for FREE, but I do know how to save money on almost everything else. Anyway as I learn I'll pass that information on to help others. If you know a lot about this subject, PLEASE pass it on to me, I really need the help and I am up for learning. PLEASE you can e-mail me HERE the last few years that I'd be as pain free as I am right now. Honest I used to dream and fantasize about how it would be just to not want to cry when I lean over the bathroom sink to brush my teeth, but I gave up on that dream a few years ago. This is as close to pain free I've been in years honest. I now have been dreaming once again, about what it maybe like a year from now. Dr. Richter said, it would keep getting better for a while so I can only image I'll be able to do something fun with my family.


I do have a few more things to add to my list or that would be a lame list for sure. :(~ I've been able to walk everyday now I even walked all over the last few days, because my mother was here for about 4 days visiting and her car was in the paint shop. I've been letting my daughter drive to school since it's such a pain in the butt, having to drive her to two different schools everyday and then having to pass 3 hours waiting for her. So, I talked up how fun it would be to walk everywhere and about how the exercise would be so good for us. Mom fell for it and we walked all over the place, we even walked to lunch a new little place called Flaming Burgers "great place with good real food and super nice people" we went and did some deals at CVS, Winn Dixie and even got movies at Blockbusters. Most days we walked about 1 1/2 miles and the farthest would of been about 2 1/2 miles, which was pushing it a little for my mom, she was wore her out.
I am happy to say I felt great! No pain what so ever, except in my hips, I have been able to clean my bathroom without wanting to cry, "I didn't attempt to clean the tub by bending over I used a long scrubber on a handle' I've also been able to sweep and mop, change the sheets, brushing my teeth without wanting to cry.



I am not sure if you can try the Stimulator before having other back surgeries or not, but I would recommend you have it before doing any other major back surgeries if possible. The other day, I let Dr. Richter know that I was writing about my experience with the Spinal Chord Stimulator and he was happy to hear it and wanted the web-address. I of course was a little embarrassed to give it to him since I had talked so badly about him. ha ha .... just kidding... I didn't! I was embarrassed that I hadn't updated as much as I should of. I really want to keep updating this site and I promise it's on my mind to do so, it's just kind of hard to get it done.

Dr. Ritcher said, if I had any questions come in he would be more then happy to help and answer them. He's a great guy, who really wants to help as many people as he can, so I trust that he will do as he said. Especially since I didn't ask him and and he volunteered on his own. So make sure if you have ANY QUESTIONS on the SPINAL CHORD STIMULATOR, or any type of question about the surgery ask me and I'll pass it on to Dr.Erich Richter e-mail me HERE
**If you find anything wrong with this blog please let me know. I will be rechecking it after I get some sleep, I wrote this during Saturday morning from Midnight - 6:45 AM I kept finding myself asleep. What the hell, who needs sleep? I'll recheck it soon, I have to get over to my other website and update the sales and ads. Make sure you check out the deals and freebies at Smart Moms Saving Money.**

No comments:

Post a Comment